Friday, February 10, 2012

Some Ornament Fun

I know that everyone has put all the Christmas decor away, organized, and doesn't want to see anymore posts about anything remotely Christmas related for at least another 6 months.  What?  Christmas isn't for another 11 months?  Of course you all know that if you're cursed, ahem, blessed with a need to create, then Christmas planning and decorating begins well before you actually are ready to decorate... 

But anywho, I feel like I missed the boat by not having this blog set up before Christmas!  So despite the lack of enthusiasm for any posts of the Holly-Jolly sort, I just wanted to share these fun ornaments I made a couple months ago.  And then I'll stop and not say one more word about Christmas for a long time.  For AT LEAST 5 months.  You know, when we all feel that Christmas in July spirit coming alive again.  When you're so hot and melting in the summer heat and humidity that you retreat into your houses to hibernate in your frigid A/C temps dreaming of days of snow, ice, and hot chocolate.  Ok, the visual imagery isn't so great in the middle of February when it's altogether too much of a reality still...

So, back to the ornaments...  nothing fancy, just a bit of fun.  Poor little ornaments didn't even make it on the tree this year because I didn't quite get them finished in time. 

Here's Rudolph...

And Santa's belly (bowl full of jelly)...

And a poor little Frosty the Snowman who didn't get a face.  But he will!  Eyes of coal and a button nose.  Or maybe a carrot.  Maybe by about 6 months from now when I'm hibernating inside hiding from the blistering 100 degree temperatures.   Maybe.  Or perhaps he will remain the faceless snowman.  Or the top-hatted snowball?  Time will tell.

So, Merry New Valentine's Day!  I like to celebrate many holidays at once, apparently. 


 I'm linking to the CSI Project
Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment